Lourdes has an extensive fitness background. She began studying Pilates over 15 years ago. She first enrolled in Comprehensive Full Studio certification in 2005 which is a total of 480 hours training. Her passion for Pilates encouraged her to pursue more Pilates training and other certifications out of the state to understand how movement and exercise can benefit the body. She is member of PMA (Pilates Method Alliance) since 2008. In addition to having her full Studio certification which includes Reformer, Cadillac, and Chair. She has attended numerous Pilates conferences and training.
*Pilates for MS™ (multiple sclerosis) and Neurological Conditions was training where she has knowledge about common symptoms of balance difficulties, ataxia, gait abnormalities, single side weakness, general weakness, spasticity, and bladder and bowel issues. This training was in Washington, DC. She is the only person in New Mexico with this certification. Her clients after few months of work have seen improvement in their balance and muscle strength.
- PMA International Educational Conference in Denver and Phoenix.
- Pilates Rehab Summit in Tempe, AZ.
- Physical Mind Institute in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Balanced Body University Exo Chair Tour.
- Pilates Arc on the Road.
- Anatomy in Clay Learning System.
- Balance Body University, Denver, CO.
- Pilates for scoliosis, Pathokinesiology of the Hip/Knee Complex.
- Strength, Ease and Balance in the upper body: Combining the Franklin Method and Pilates.
- Pilates for Golf, Tennis and Rotational Sports.
- Pilates for lower back pain: A Research-Based Approach.
- Training in Mat and Reformer in West Palm Beach,Florida with Lolita San Miguel Pilates Mentor Program (PMMP).
GYROTONIC® AND GYROKINESIS®
- Certified in the Gyrotonic® Method in Miami, Fl.
- Certified in the Gyrokinesis® Method in Los Angeles, CA
- Specialized equipment: Jumping -Stretching Board and the Gyrotoner® with Karen Mullen.
- Gyrotonic® Level 2: Gyrotonic® Level 2 Program 1 in Oakland, CA and Gyrotonic® Level 2 Program 2.
OTHER FITNESS CERTIFICATIONS
- Personal Trainer through World Instructor Training Schools.
- Boot camp instructor through NESTA.
- Yoga Intructor through YogaFit™ Levels I-II-III and Anatomy and Alignment.
- TRX Suspension Training Instructor.
- BARRE instructor with BARRE FORTE.
This was my training in West Palm Beach, Florida for PMMP Group with Lolita San Miguel. Mat and Reformer training.
Great experience and grateful to had the opportunity to
train with one of the best.